This post contains affiliate links.
When you buy something using these retail links, we may get a commission.
Today we prepared something special for you: a delicious savoury snack!
This classic Mediterranean recipe is the best option for any healthy eater! Dip the chickpea balls in fresh Greek yoghurt (add some spices) to make it the perfect snack for a BBQ night with close friends!
What’s more it is extremely quick to make (but you have to let it chill in the fridge) and suitable for vegetarians!
- 250g tinned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 small handful fresh parsley (or some other herbs), roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- 2 tbsp wholemeal flour
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Yoghurt Dipping Sauce
- 100g plain yoghurt
- ½ garlic clove, crushed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- + feel free to add anything else here, some herbs would work as well!
Tip: If tinned chickpeas are not available, you can make them yourself (if the dried/raw ones are available). Just boil them in water until soft (it’ll take about an hour).
1. Place the chickpeas, lemon juice, parsley, garlic, cumin, coriander, flour, salt and pepper in a food processor. Blend until well combined. Transfer the chickpea mixture into a large bowl. Shape the mixture into 6 balls and flatten slightly between your hands. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, place the yoghurt, garlic, salt and pepper and herbs in a bowl and mix well to combine. Cover and place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
3. Heat the oil in a large non-stick fry pan over medium heat. Cook the chickpea balls for 4-5 minutes each side or until cooked through and golden in colour.
4. Serve the balls with the yoghurt dip, a fresh green salad and some bread.
Tip: to make it healthier you can try to bake the balls instead of frying, also skip the bread.