This post contains affiliate links.
When you buy something using these retail links, we may get a commission.
Travel is still far from being on everyone’s to-do list, but we want to share some advice on how to get a good value offer on your insurance when you travel far.
Let’s dream a little!
- Do not buy your insurance from your tour agency. It’ll cost you more.
- Make sure you know the cover you need. Recommended travel policies should cover medical expenses of at least £2m (Europe) or £5m (worldwide); at least £3,000 for cancellation; and at least £1,500 for baggage and belongings cover.
- Check what is already covered by your home insurance policy or bank. Sometimes you already possess a home insurance for personal possessions when away from home (without being aware of it). Checking this may save you some money!
- If you are an often traveller ~ choose an annual cover.
- Check the region. Going to Egypt and France doesn’t mean you have to buy a “worldwide” plan. Egypt may be included in “Europe” category! Just do some careful research here in order to save some more.