This post contains affiliate links.
When you buy something using these retail links, we may get a commission.
The growing dominance of E-Commerce earges us to experiment with cryptocurrencies, but what do the experts say?
Of course, no one can predict the future with much accuracy, but one way to predict it more accurately is to invent it!
Probably, over the next decade we’ll see a blockchain, that is both more scalable and includes privacy features, reach about 1B users by the end of the decade (up from about 50M at the start of the decade). Adoption will happen both in emerging markets, where the financial systems are most broken, and from a crop of new crypto first startups producing products people want. By the end of the decade, most tech startups will have a crypto component, just like most tech startups use the internet and machine learning today. Governments and institutions will move into the cryptocurrency space in a big way as well. Here are three main predictions:
- Cryptocurrencies will provide appealing alternatives to fiat currencies in the inevitable event of a market correction. Thanks to their untethered nature, crypto coins can retain their value far more easily in the face of economic strife. When other currencies falter, people may turn to blockchain to safeguard their savings and move money across borders, strengthening the technology’s footprint while the wider economy struggles.
- Gamers and gaming companies will lead the way in blockchain’s adoption. Plenty of gaming companies have already tested the waters. Sony plans to launch a blockchain-based video game on the PlayStation 4 this year. Epic Games, the studio behind Fortnite, is researching new ways to incorporate blockchain into gaming experiences. While others talk about the future of blockchain, the gaming industry is already living it.
- The rise of the crypto startup
This decade we will see a new type of startup become commonplace: the crypto startup. Just like the dot com craze kicked off the idea of an internet startup (and a decade later, just about every tech startup uses the internet in some way), I believe that by the end of the 2020’s almost every tech startup will have some sort of cryptocurrency component.
“I do think Bitcoin is the first [encrypted money] that has the potential to do something like change the world.” – Peter Thiel, co-founder of PayPal
Would you like to invest your money in the future?
Best Places to Buy Bitcoin of 2020
- Coinbase: Best Overall
- Binance: Best for Low Rates in Other Currencies
- Coinbase Pro: Best for Active Traders
- Coinmama: Best for Quick and Easy Transactions